The Purpose & Process to Apply For the Police Clearance Certificate in the UAE
A police clearance certificate (PCC) is a proof of your good conduct. The certificate is issues to both the categories of people – those who are no longer living in the UAE and those who are currently residing in Dubai. The core aim of issuing the PCC is to make UAE one of the safest countries in the world.
Learn how to apply for Police Clearance Certificate and what documents are needed.
What Is A Police Clearance Certificate?
A Police Clearance Certificate is also known as ‘Criminal Clearance Certificate’ and ‘Good Conduct Certificate’. It is actually a copy of the criminal record of a person in the state in which he/she resides. The certificate is issued by the Police Headquarters in Al Qiyada for Dubai and across the UAE. A PCC proves that an individual does not have any criminal precedents or is not accused for committing any illegal offense.
How To Apply?
The easiest way to apply for PCC is online. There are many websites that deal in this direction. However, you can get it offline as well. After completing all the essential procedures and submitting the needed documents, get it from the Dubai Police office.
What Documents Are Needed For Police Clearance Certificate?
- Completed application form.
- Colored copy of UAE identity card.
- Full set of fingerprints impressions (If your Emirates ID has expired prior to 6 months or you don’t have an Emirates ID)
- Six passport size photographs (without spectacles & Cap).-(to recheck this with Police headquarters website)
- Purpose to apply for Police Clearance Certificate (Immigration Authority Letter) or letter explaining the reasons for PCC.
- Self-Attested photocopies of your passports (current & old optional) and any other Identity document like Emirates ID or UAE driving license.
- Copy of your Work Permit/Residence Permit/ Appointment Letter/Dependent Pass etc.
- Documentary proof of last residential address in UAE (DEWA bill)
Some Basic Facts about Police Clearance Certificate –
- Purpose – The Police Clearance Certificate is issued on the request of the beneficiary who requires this to be submitted to official bodies for a specific purpose. These various requirement for a PCC may include but not limited to immigration, work, study, obtaining licenses etc.
- Fee – The Police Clearance Certificate can be issued in both the languages Arabic and English.
As per the language, the applicant’s nationality and the applicant’s current place of residence, the fee of issuing the PCC is roughly AED 320 + a small processing fee will apply.
- Processing Time – It generally takes around 2-3 working days to issue the original PCC under normal mode of processing.
There are many online sources working in this direction to make life less complicated for issuing a PCC, just reach out to them.