A Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) provides evidence of the criminal record of a person in the state in which the person resides. This certificate is issued by the Police Headquarters in Al Qiyada for Dubai and across the UAE and confirms that the individual is not involved in any criminal activities. Also referred to as “Good Conduct Certificate”, it is often needed while applying for admissions in universities, jobs, and visa applications in the UAE.
By submitting a police clearance certificate, an individual demonstrates that they are not involved in any anti-social and illegal activities and the certificate attests their good conduct. Recently, the UAE government has shifted many services to digital platforms in order to make these services easy, streamlined, and user-friendly. Smart Police Stations is the ultimate example of digitalization in this Arab country.
What is the need for obtaining a police clearance certificate?
A police clearance certificate is often required by the UAE nationals and ex-pats for various purposes. Whether you want to pursue admission to a foreign university or you are immigrating to another country for business or residence purposes, you will need a good conduct certificate to demonstrate your clean background. Besides, education in foreign universities and visa processing, some companies in the UAE also ask for this certificate to ensure that the person has no troubled relations with the law of the country.
How to apply for a Police Clearance Certificate in the UAE?
- You can apply for the police clearance certificate through the official website of the UAE’s Ministry of Interior.
- Apart from the website, one can apply for a police clearance certificate by using the MOI’s app available for both Android and iPhone users.
- Besides, you can also obtain the certificate from the MOI’s office service centers in person or with the help of a professional. These service centers are established across the UAE. To find the nearby center, you can check through the official website.
I am a UAE national but not living there right now. Can I apply for a Police Clearance Certificate from abroad?
Yes. Individuals who are no longer living in the UAE can apply for the PCC online. You would have to obtain your fingerprint card attested from the UAE embassy in the country you are currently living in. This fingerprint card is like an official report that will be used to identify the individual based on decimal fingerprint and biometrics. You can apply online either to the UAE Ministry of Interior or Dubai Police Office.
For applying online from a foreign country, you will need the following documents:
- Fingerprint card approved by the UAE embassy
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- A copy of valid passport
- A copy of the last UAE visa
- The reason for the application
You can obtain a police clearance certificate in Arabic as well as English language. You are given an option to select your preferred language when you request for a PCC in the UAE.
Do you not have enough time? You can seek the assistance of a trusted professional or company to apply for a police clearance certificate quickly and easily.