It is a well-known fact that Dubai is one of the busiest airports in the world, and the main reason for that is most people arrive here to catch a connecting flight to another country. If you are a frequent international traveler, then you must have found yourself stopping at Dubai airport quite regularly. Even though Dubai airport in itself is quite interesting, haven’t you ever thought of visiting the actual city while transiting through the airport? Hold on to that thought because it is very much possible, and all you need is a Dubai transit visa.
Most of you might not have heard about it, so in this blog, we will dig deeper into this topic and help you understand most of the important things about Dubai transit visa.
Defining the Dubai Transit Visa: What It Is and Who It's For
There are two types of Dubai Transit Visa. These are usually issued for a duration of anywhere between 48 hours to 96 hours. With the help of this transit visa, you can stay and explore Dubai but only for 48 or 96 hours based on the type of your visa. Now, if you belong to one of the countries that don’t require a visa to visit Dubai, you are not required to apply for this visa.
Requirements for Obtaining a Transit Visa in UAE
The following are some of the conditions that need to be fulfilled before you can be eligible to receive your Dubai Transit Visa.
- Hotel reservation might be required
- You should have more than 8 hours of transit in Dubai
- Dubai transit visa is not issued to citizens of certain countries including Yemen, Iraq, Somalia, Niger, and Afghanistan
- If you happen to be a woman under the age of 30 and traveling alone, your chances of receiving a Dubai Transit Visa are very less
How can you apply for Dubai Transit Visa?
- There are quite a few ways in which you can apply for Dubai Transit Visa. Let’s take a look at some of them so that you can choose the best one as per your convenience and requirements.
- Travel agent:
If you have a travel agent that you have been dealing with for some time, your best option would be to approach them regarding a Dubai transit visa. All you would have to do is produce hotel booking proof and a confirmed onward journey ticket.
Getting a Dubai transit visa through the airline you are flying with has to be one of the easiest ways to do so. Generally, if you book a stopover with the airline, you would not have to worry about a thing as they will take care of everything, from your visa to the accommodation and even the sightseeing tour in some cases. So, contact your airline to learn more about it and get that visa.
- Travel agent: