ICA approval is an important form of certification that is required to enter in UAE. It is also known as the UAE entry and exit certificate that is the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC). It is a travel record that is needed by ex-pats who have resided in UAE and UAE residents for a variety of reasons. Earlier it was required for all UAE residents, now travellers holding UAE residence visas need approval from the ICA to re-enter the country.
With new rules, UAE residents do not require ICA approval to return to the country from a foreign visit, while an ex-pat needs ICA approval from MOFA UAE along with a valid UAE national identity card (Emirates ID) to return to the country. ICA report is an important document that is needed when:
- You are applying for an equivalency certificate in UAE on the Ministry of Education portal
- You are planning to immigrate to a foreign country
- You are required to submit a tax residency certificate or tax domicile certificate in your origin country as an ex-pat in UAE. ICA report is a mandatory document to secure a tax residency certificate from the Ministry of Finance in UAE.
A UAE entry and exit certificate mentions the record of travel history to and from the UAE. Every time someone visits a foreign country, he/she receives a visa stamp on their passport. This record is considered as the travel history of an individual mentioned in the ICA report approved by FAIC.
An ICA report contains:
- Arrival & departure destinations
- Passport number
- Transaction type (entry or exit)
- Transaction date (date of travel)
- Port name and port type (Airport / Seaport)
You can apply for a UAE entry and exit certificate as:
- Single Entry/ Exit Travel Report mentioning the most travel status
- Detailed Entry/ Exit Travel Report with full travel history inside and outside the UAE.
You can also prefer to get a customized report for your travel history as per your movement report inside and outside the UAE. You can secure your ICA report from GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs) after approval from FAIC. To apply for your UAE entry-exit report, you will need to submit your passport copy and Emirates ID copy with your application. Getting an ICA report in UAE can cost around AED 200-300.
How to get ICA approval in UAE?
You can apply for a UAE entry and exit report on the ICA website on your own, but without proper knowledge and understanding of the process, you may receive a red signal from the authority. It’s better to consult with a professional agency for assistance during the process to get a green signal for approval to enter in UAE easily and quickly. Contact GloboPrime for more details regarding the ICA report and the status of your application in UAE.