Equivalency certificate UAE
Equivalency certification is the process by which the Ministry of Education in UAE endorse the educational qualification and confirm the education to be equal to UAE standard. It involves a few steps of certificate attestation at government departments in the country of origin of the document as well as in UAE.
Candidates looking to secure an equivalency certificate must follow a stringent procedure to get the final attestation done on their degree to apply for Equivalency certificate. With the assistance of GloboPrime, rest assured our expert advise will help immensely along with a timely attestation of your documents for submission to Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR)
Why require equivalency certificate and how do I obtain one?
A candidate who has completed their studies from School/colleges and universities outside the UAE must present a certificate of Equivalency for certain Job(s) CATEGORIES like doctors, Professors, banking staff etc and to enroll for higher studies in the UAE.
Obtaining an equivalency certificate is a multi-step process and requires careful attention to details, getting a document attested demands expertise and a full understanding of the procedures involved.
GloboPrime, with its experience in handling the attestation of certificates, will provide you the attested documents in a timely manner to ensure your equivalency certificate application is lodged quickly.
We’re here to help. Contact Us!
Save time, call us now.
Or click here to
Save time, call us now.
Or click here to
Equivalency certificate procedure in UAE
Prior to the submission of your documents for Equivalency & attestation, you should ensure having the original documents.
Applicants who finished their tertiary education abroad in the United Arab Emirates must receive an equivalency certificate from the UAE Ministry of Education.
The main steps involved in this procedure are:
- Legal Translation (if required)
- Ministry of Education or notary from the issuing country
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the issuing country
- Embassy or Consulate
- Ministry of foreign affairs in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Submission in Ministry of education
- Original certificate(s) along with transcripts
- Passport copy
- UAE Visa copy
- Declaration form
- Power of Attorney (if required)
- The first step is registering online on at moe.gov.ae under MOE Eservices – Service Catalog and getting a registration number. For a detailed list of the requirements and documents, visit www.moe.gov.ae under Certificate Equivalency section or contact 80051115; or email [email protected].
- Applicants have to prepare and attest all the required university and high school certificates and transcripts before leaving their home country and/or the country in which they graduated.
- For information about university certificates and transcripts attestations, please see the section Required Attestations.
- Equivalency applications have to be submitted in person in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Applicants are encouraged to visit the UAE and submit their applications at least one month prior to the first day of class.
- Applicants who have applied for Certificate of Equivalency but have not concluded the Equivalency process by the time of registration would be given the chance to register for the first semester provided that they sign the Graduate Admission Contract. Applicants selecting this option must present a copy of the MOHE Application Receipt.
Kindly note the process may vary depending on the document and the laws of the origin & destination country. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs may be replaced by an Apostille if the origin or destination countries are part of Hague convention 1961.
Original certificates may not be required for some countries.
Acceptance or rejection of documents is solely based on the discretion of the government authorities concerned. Furthermore, the requirements and processes may vary from time to time depending on the government department’s policies, terms and conditions.
What is the reason for my equivalency rejection in the UAE?
5 common reasons for equivalency rejection?
- Make sure all the required attestation of the documents are finished.
- If your university is not listed in MOE they will reject your documents.
- Submit all your supporting documents like Genuity letter, Entry and exit status repost, etc.
- MOE won’t accept any distance studies or online educational documents.
- Make sure your details in the passport should be the same as your educational documents.
CERTIFICATE ATTESTATION FOR UAE
Foreign educational documents must be attested from the Ministry of foreign affairs of UAE which is the last step in the process. Ministry of foreign affairs UAE will demand a UAE Embassy stamp from the country of origin. Once the attestation process is completed the document must be submitted in the Ministry of education along with other sets of the document for approval.
Type of document and the country of document origin determines the process. Some countries allow copies to be attested.
Submission at Ministry of Education or MOHESR (Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research) can be done after certificate attestation is completed.
Our office is located in Al Qusais 2, OFFICE NO: 111 Al Hilal Bank Building, Near Al Twar Centre Business center – Al Qusais 2 – Dubai
Documents are to be attested as per specific requirements of Ministry of Education / MOHESR authorities.
MOFA UAE is the final government authority who stamp a non-UAE certificates intended to be used in UAE. It is a mandated step for Equivalency certificate.