Good conduct certificate

Good conduct certificate is a new requirement for UAE work permits effective 4th February 2018.The aim is to make UAE one of the safest countries in the world.

A new UAE work visa from February 4, 2018 will need a Good Conduct Certificate. That document would then be attested by the UAE embassy in that country followed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE as well. Marriage certificates and education qualifications are currently certified in the same way.


Who needs this certificate?

The screening applies to all applicants applying for a work permit in the UAE, including domestic workers. If one has lived and worked in multiple countries in the past 5 years, a certificate of good conduct from each country must be produced.

Tourists, students or people who come to the UAE on medical or mission visas do not need the certificate

Dependents or family members do not need this certificate.

Those born and raised in the UAE will not need a good conduct certificate. However those who spend some time in their home country or another country before applying for a job, must submit a good conduct certificate.


What is a certificate of good conduct?

Because the UAE Government will start doing background checks of foreign workers from February 4, 2018 candidates applying for their first job in the UAE will have to produce certificate of good conduct.

GloboPrime reached out to its global service partners to secure information on the procedures of securing a good conduct certificate. It appears that retrieving this certificate in most countries is not challenging since there are online portal to apply from. GloboPrime can assist with information on how to retrieve the good conduct certificate and legalise them for use in UAE.

Each country have a different name for a good conduct certificate. For example in Turkey it’s called “Edelvet” whereas in Russia it’s called “Criminal Record certificate”


How to get a certificate of good conduct? What if you live outside of the UAE?

If you reside in a different country, you must go to the police station and get a fingerprint scanned and sent to the UAE Embassy of that country.

The certificate must then be attested by UAE diplomatic missions, or oversees Customer Happiness Centres at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.

Once you retrieve the certificate of good conduct you will have to:

  • Legalise it at the Foreign Affairs department of that country
  • UAE Embassy in that country and lastly
  • Ministry of Foreign Affairs in UAE

GloboPrime can assist you with the above steps of legalisation no matter which country your certificate of good conduct was issued in.


Below are the links for few countries where the good conduct certificate can be obtained from if required for the UAE :


Formerly there was a document "certificate of good life and morals" but for 10 years it is no longer issued and it is replaced by the bulletin of convictions "Bulletin du casier judiciaire number 3"




Detailed information available at It is only available in Dutch language

Turkey: The certificate is called "edelvet"

New Zealand: You will need to fill out a form with your details. The scan of the form and a good scan of your passport will need to be provided.We can submit it to the MOJ on your behalf in New Zealand

Russia: In Russia it’s called "Criminal Record Certificate". Our Russian service partner will certainly assist if required.

Any certificate attestation from the following countries
  • Image 1
  • Image 2
  • Image 3
  • Image 4
  • china
  • hungary
  • Azerbaijan
  • India
  • Mauritius
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Marshall-Island
  • Italy
  • Lithuania
  • Lebanon
  • New-Zealand
  • Portugal
  • Qatar
  • Luxembourg
  • Japan
  • Kazakhistan
  • Jordan
  • Mexico
  • Ireland
  • Morocco
  • Netherlands
  • Poland
  • nigeria
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Philippines
  • Singapore
  • SAfrica
  • UAE
  • Zimbabwe
  • Spain
  • uk
  • USA
  • Sri-lanka
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Thailand
  • Turkey